How confident are you that your digital media strategy will suit the future media environment?
Building a digital media strategy
Media businesses are facing unprecedented change – intense competition for advertising, more channels to communicate with consumers, vast organisational and skills challenges for teams.
Penmaen Media helps media organisations navigate the complex digital world, building practical digital strategies for media brands.
Carolyn Morgan, founder of Penmaen Media, has over 20 years strategic experience launching, acquiring, buying, growing and selling media businesses across print, digital and live events. Carolyn launched a major conference and exhibition in 2010, the Specialist Media Show, with a workshop programme for specialist media owners to learn about new strategies, swap ideas with their peers and meet new suppliers and services. In 2013 SIIA acquired the Specialist Media Show, and Carolyn helped them establish the European Division of SIIA and programmed a series of conferences and events.
Carolyn now focuses on advising individual media and publishing businesses on the best way to grow their digital revenues.
Key questions for your digital media strategy
We have helped independent media businesses create practical strategies to answer these questions:
- How to upgrade our website to attract new customers
- Building a customer database from web, mag, subs, events
- Changing content types – what stays in print, what goes on line
- Developing a digital subscription proposition
- Creating a marketing solutions proposition for advertisers
- Launching and growing live and online events
- Researching and developing a data and intelligence product
- Reviewing a portfolio and assessing where to prioritise investment
- Disposing of non-core media assets
- Identifying complementary acquisitions and managing the purchase process
- Negotiating strategic partnerships and joint ventures
Penmaen Media client list
Over the last 10 years, we have advised these organisations on their digital media strategy:
- Guardian News and Media
- Archant Specialist
- Bauer Media
- RHS Media
- Press Association
- CDS Global
- Newsquest Specialist Media
- Trinity Mirror Regionals
- Board Agenda
- AV Buyer
- Eye Magazine
- Fish and Fly
- Arts Professional
- Practical Publishing
- The Art Newspaper
- Primary Times
- The Artist Publishing Company
- WCN Publishing
- The Location Guide
- plus other niche consumer and b2b publishers.
Find out more
The Penmaen Media newsletter provides ideas and tips on digital media strategy for independent publishers – sign up for future newsletters in the box on every page of this website. Or follow Carolyn Morgan on @carolynrmorgan on twitter.
- Find out more about who we are and the expertise we can access
- Discover how we can help your business grow
- See recommendations from clients
- Read case histories of our projects
- Learn new ideas and practical tips from our blog
- Contact us directly
What makes us different?
- We understand print, digital media and live events and how to combine them to best effect
- We have access to a wide range of case studies of successful niche media businesses through the Specialist Media Show network
- Our solutions are practical and we can help you implement them
- We can work flexibly with your team and our network of digital media experts to provide as much support as you need